Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Aw, I did that once to my tabby, Lily's, tail -- except I accidentally shut the other side of the door on it, the part with the hinges where it attaches to the wall. She somehow got her tail through that crack between the side of the door and the wall, and I didn't see her there when I was closing the door. Luckily it didn't break her tail, but she screamed and her sister Fynne came tearing up from the basement to check on her. Glad Aslan's okay, too!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
ohhhhh crantastic so happy Lily was ok.. yip very horrific .. Was thinking the other day when Adele was helping me out on property and we were getting in and out of the truck going around checking property fences.. I still have the same habit of looking before I shut the truck door about all tails are clear even though Adele is docked.. lol ...

Aslan is up and about this morning not even a limp...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Glad to read your lil boy is doing good and nothing was horribly wrong. We no longer do ketamine on cats either. Some vets will but we do not. Too many other drugs out there that do a better job on cats.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Glad to read your lil boy is doing good and nothing was horribly wrong. We no longer do ketamine on cats either. Some vets will but we do not. Too many other drugs out there that do a better job on cats.
Thats good that the word is out there... It's the little details for us owners when it comes to knowing what questions to ask before a procedure is done. If my breeder hadn't mentioned it to me at that time, I wouldn't of thought to at least ask about it.. Nor to ask if Isoflurane was available to give the vets something as an alternative for his breed,, if we were going to have to put him under.

yip he doing fine "am so thankful..

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured :) he's a brave boy and looked like he wasn't nervous or anything at the vets

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
yes too much time on my hands.... my other barn cats that had free access in and out of the house day and night I've never had a litter box before.. With the Bengals being put up in the cat house they have a litter box.. They took to going potty outside having the opportunity to run around outside during the day.. So have been working on seeing if I could get a command in there to go potty on a schedule.. First thing when we get up in the morning to go out with them walking out to where I seen their favorite potty spots and standing with them until they go and then coming back inside for their breakfast.. and also during the evening when I call them back to the house,, trying to get them to go potty first walking out to their favorite potty spot and hanging out telling them to go potty first before we come in for their meal and put up for the night.. HIT and Miss,,, but some success that I could verbally praise them...

This evening it was time to come in and just said go potty,, and Azamet dashed over to his spot and did his thing, and Aslan stopped and went over there and did his .. both then rushed to the house and put themselves up in their box waiting for me to get their food... just a little specific effort towards hoping they would pick it up and they are picking up the routine.. yes too much time on my hand, but anything that is humorous is fun to at least try for...

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
They also come in at noon and put themselves in to their box for their nap time (noon til 2pm) it's schedule habit... I check on them often while they outside, call them for them to stop what they doing where ever on the homestead property they are and come to me , I never stop until they show themselves for physical contact accountability.. Pick them up hug them with praise and put them down to go on their way.. I watch Days of our Lives at 1pm, lol... and don't want to be distracted not to keep track of them.. Just habit to go collect them up to come inside to their box, give them a small mid day snack and close them in the box until my show is over so I won't be distracted to continue keeping an eye on them while outside. They have done it since they babies that they have an internal clock to do it themselves now .... I love keeping to a schedule for teaching purposes... for me you never know how much they will learn and learn to do by themselves.. I just keep to my schedule because it is what we do everyday.. Going off schedule/ having changes in the schedule where they are not let out of the cat box, brought back into the cat box at different times happens now and then , I am expecting a delivery, I have to go into town, there is traffic on the road for a cattle round up ect... It doesn't bother them at all.. it happens and when it's clear they get their time out..

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
new addition to try out.. litter robot II

They both had no problem jumping right in and doing their business one after the other. It said to keep it turned off for the first few days so they can investigate it and activate it manually. I hope it holds up ...

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
little rascals play'd me good... Was in my head for Arka's vet visit not to going well.. Getting home and getting everyone (un packed) to get their days started.. Wasn't paying attention and I fed the cats twice following their behavior as if they hadn't been fed... lol they got me.... lol ...

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
little rascals play'd me good... Was in my head for Arka's vet visit not to going well.. Getting home and getting everyone (un packed) to get their days started.. Wasn't paying attention and I fed the cats twice following their behavior as if they hadn't been fed... lol they got me.... lol ...
My bunnies do this all the time, adorable sneaky fuzzy jerks ;) my SO would feed them when he woke up and then go visit his mom *it's an hour and 15 minutes away* so by the time I got up he would still be driving and I would text him if the bunnies had eaten or not but he wouldn't answer until he got home, but by then the bunnies would look so hungry and pathetic that I fed them and then my SO would text me saying "yea I fed them" and then I would say "ooops well they ate twice then"

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
update on the litter Robot II (good) am using less cat litter and that is the litter Robot correcting human error and not anything to do with the cats or the cat litter.. Using World's Best "red 14 lb bag" still on the first bag that I opened when I got the litter robot at the beginning of July. and the cats do potty outside too... It is higher off the ground, and has a short step and a short lip at the entrance.. there is more stray litter being tracked out of the litter robot.. That is one con that I noticed.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
picture I took for another post.. Aslan is a charmer.. has to be center attention in all things lol ... sometimes he quick on recall and many more times he makes me work for collecting him up at the end of day... he is one to be lurking right under the back door deck watching me walk around calling for him... Not impressed with his antics, yet what can you do but work with it. :) Such a beautiful little blue eye baby,, can't stay mad at them.. especially when he finally shows himself and wants a hug.. lol melts me every time...

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Havent updated in a while.. Needed to go pick up J at the vets office yesterday afternoon thought I would take one of the cats with me for a meet and greet.. Pulling out the soft cat carrier and said who wants to go to the vet.. Aslan jumped up and into the Carrier lol .. So Aslan it was.. He was fine until half way down the road that he changed his mind.. Thank goodness the soft carrier is strong.. Alsan can get really really upset and show exactly how much power and strength he really has when he is seriously throwing a fit. enough to throw himself and the cat carrier all over the place. Pretty tough sounds too that I never hear to know I'm not letting him out of the carrier acting like that.. Once he flipped himself over upside down and I left him that way while driving. Upside down he quieted down for the rest of the ride staring at me and I told him OH THat;s a pickle hun,, gonna have to wait now... lol lol .... Cats are so funny to me in an odd way... Guess he just had to get protesting out of his system, he loved his visit at the vets.. Came out pet me pet me to everyone.. Tough Confident little guy....

Will take Azamet the next time ..

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Havent updated in a while.. Needed to go pick up J at the vets office yesterday afternoon thought I would take one of the cats with me for a meet and greet.. Pulling out the soft cat carrier and said who wants to go to the vet.. Aslan jumped up and into the Carrier lol .. So Aslan it was.. He was fine until half way down the road that he changed his mind.. Thank goodness the soft carrier is strong.. Alsan can get really really upset and show exactly how much power and strength he really has when he is seriously throwing a fit. enough to throw himself and the cat carrier all over the place. Pretty tough sounds too that I never hear to know I'm not letting him out of the carrier acting like that.. Once he flipped himself over upside down and I left him that way while driving. Upside down he quieted down for the rest of the ride staring at me and I told him OH THat;s a pickle hun,, gonna have to wait now... lol lol .... Cats are so funny to me in an odd way... Guess he just had to get protesting out of his system, he loved his visit at the vets.. Came out pet me pet me to everyone.. Tough Confident little guy....

Will take Azamet the next time ..
lol I bet halfway there he was like "what was I thinking?!?!?" and then when he got there he was like "this is ok I guess :)"

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Good thing it was a soft carrier!

When I took Kallie home from the shelter I had borrowed a hard carrier from a friend and she -freaked out- and got claws hooked on the holes and started bleeding. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
I'm always so amazed at the beauty and trainability of your Bengals! Are all Bengals that trainable? I've heard that they can be rather dog-like, but never knew how much of that was really true. What is your experience? I love Bengals, really hope to get either a Bengal or a Savannah one day.

181 - 200 of 227 Posts