Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been brushing Belle's teeth every night for about 2-3 months now, using a child-size soft toothbrush (the "regular" dog toothbrush was too big for Belle, the child-size works much better, and I thought it'd be soft enough). I looked up "small dog toothbrushes", and there just doesn't seem to be a huge design difference between a dog's toothbrush vs. a child's.

Night before last, I brushed her teeth and noticed blood on the brush. Thought it was maybe a scratch, or maybe from brushing too hard or something. Last night, I noticed the same thing. This time I looked in her mouth, and there was a tooth almost totally out of the socket.

Fell out completely some time today. Belle shows no signs of pain, still chews on her bully sticks and cow trachea, still crunches her kibble w/water mixed in.

Could my brushing have caused her tooth to fall out? None of her other teeth are loose.

Other possibilities: Her nylabones? She chews on those all the time.

Frisbee? I usually have to wrestle the frisbee from her mouth, and we were playing with that a lot the past few days.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
First, how old is the dog?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 years this July. Her teeth are white, not much plaque at the gumline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts