Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't even had Bella a week yet, but I feel so anxious about leaving her behind tomorrow when I leave for work. It will be the first day I've left home since having her. Last night, I put her in her crate (in my bedroom) and I went into the other side of the house to watch tv. Within 2 minutes she was crying/barking/howling. I know i know, I shouldn't have...but I went back and let her out while I researched some tips on crating velcro/attached dogs, and I tried it again. This time around, I put a blanket over the crate and turned the tv on in the bedroom so she would have some background noise instead of silence. I left the room again and she didn't bark or howl that time, but she did whimper/whine very lightly. So it seemed to help with the tv on and a blanket over the crate. I don't know, i just feel so guilty leaving her alone...like she's gonna think i don't care about her LOL. is that ridiculous?? Maybe i feel this way because the previous owner said they rescued her from a puppy mill where she'd been in a cage the first 6 months of her life. She's 2 years old now, but she's nervous around strangers. She doesn't bite/snap at people, she just gets shaky until she warms up to them. My mother will be here while i'm working...so Bella won't be completely alone...but my mother won't be watching her constantly. She will take her out for her potty breaks, but other than that, she will be in her crate. (My schedule will be 8am-5pm) I think i'm going to be more stressed at work tomorrow than Bella herself lol. Guess i'll just wait and see how it goes. I must sound silly!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I'd update here instead of creating a new thread. I gave Bella a bath earlier and she started shedding like crazy afterwards! I'm wondering if that's normal after a bath? I didn't notice it nearly as much before bathing her. Now there are white hairs everywhere. She had that "wet dog" odor going on afterwards too, but I sprayed some deodorizing stuff on her and it's not as bad now. Also, i'm not sure how to clean under her eyes without it bothering her. The tear stains are looking rough and one of them is crusty-looking, like she's got eye-boogers or something going on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts