Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Jaimie, I have teo Belgians, one Terv (9 y/o rescue) and one Groen(18 months old). I'm here for the training tips. The Groen's name is Perun, I am hoping to train him for his BH this coming fall. He has a good pedigree and will eventually be in the show ring, but I want him to be fully mature so that when he does go in the ring, he stops shows. :D
I also have three cats, a rabbit, and show goldens for a local kennel.
My intent is to be a professional handler, and anyone who has ring expirence to share, it would be vauled highly.
-Jaimie and the Belgians

·
Registered
254 Posts
Belgians!!! Must see pics!! :)

I have a groenendael as well (that's a pic of him in my signature). He's a failed show dog (too nervous apparently), and has been my loyal buddy, and trail riding companion for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What a cutie! :) He's very handsome. And so clean! (In summer/fall there isn't a day that goes by when mine doesn't pick up some sort of burr or branch. The joys of long-haired dogs in the country!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
believe me, i know what it is like to live in the country with these dogs, I dO!! It's just that picture was taken at a show, so he was all sparkles. He's outside right now, and im sure ill have to brush those sticky burrs out of him and alll the other dogs, when they come in! lol I know how you feel!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whew!! I don't feel so bad about mine being dirty most of the time then, lol. Every year I get very tempted to just shave it all off! But then reason kicks in, and I realize how truly stupid he would look. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You do know, i assume, that shaving them is a VERY BAD idea? espically thier tail?? we HAD to shave a tail one for a wound (stupid country again lol) and the dog hid until the tail grew in. no joke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts