Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dog's been pretty decently behaved for a while(we still have a little work to do on his manners :p ), but the past 4 days, he's suddenly started behaving extremely differently. Every morning, the garbage is all over the floor, his face smells like it. At night he's always scratching on everybody's doors, so I decided to sleep in the living room one night to see if that made a difference, but he wouldn't stop...and when people leave, he goes bezerk and starts jumping and barking and going crazy. Walks are a nightmare, I've had to take him when its a lot later because he's trying to jump on everyone he see's, barks at any other animal(which he does, but not as much as this)

I have no idea what's going on with him....I mean we feed him enough, we feed him at specific times, we walk him regularly, we treat him exactly as we did before, and his behavior was alright. I dont understand? help?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sounds like (1) He needs to be crated when unsupervised, (2) he needs more mental and physical exercise, and (3) he needs training including being put on nilif.

You've given him too much freedom too soon.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
All sudden changes in behavior require a visit to the vet to eliminate a medical cause.
He should be sitting politely to greet people; he should know the Quiet or Enough command by now and the garbage should be secured. Crate and supervise until he's earned the freedom with responsible behavior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts