Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
If Duncan were just more food motivated! Eddee tried the same thing with me. I went straight back to meals in his crate and a Kong stuff-a-ball filled with treats and peanut butter. I made it 20 minute intervals between in the crate ... and out of the crate. So far ... so good. Of course the house is one floor besides the basement ... so he can still see me while I am re-introducing it. I go to the grocery weekly ... tomorrow ... and I feel confident he will only cry a bit after I leave ... I hope. :/

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Sounds like he is an "All about me" kind of guy. Also I am looking in my minds eye at what you are describing ... looks like he is a bit stubborn? .... he is a thinker alright! Lol! :) This is very similar to Eddee. I know he has the smarts ... just when "He" wants to use the mental power. I have seen him think and do well.

The crate ordeal is a tricky one when you have a dog who does not care for food. :(

I tried to re-crate train Abbylynn ... She will only hold still for it if I am in the room ... or else she will break out of it and injure herself or get her jaws stuck in the metal wires ... for sure. A safe room proved to be a mistake also. Abbylynn ate the wooden framework and the wall insulation to get out.

Believe it or not ... the solution was to give her full run of the house ... and there has not been any more problems at all!

The kitchen may be your solution ... just be sure he doesn't like woodwork. :/

Wish I had an answer. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts