Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the camera out on our morning outing today to discover that the lavender bush was FULL of bees! B'asia loves to chase all flying insects, so I snapped a couple pictures before moving along... (Click on pics to enlarge)

You can see her teeth in this one:
BasiaBee1.jpg

Can you say "alert"?

BasiaBee2.jpg

Resting in the shade...

BasiaTree1.jpg

DH "fixing a flat" (removing a sticker) from Cara's foot:

CaraSticker.jpg

More pics...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jaia standing on front of a stick he wants to pick up.

JaiaStick1.jpg

"I swear, Dad, I'm going to pick up this stick..."

JaiaStick2.jpg

"I warned you. Now this baby's mine"!

JaiaStick3.jpg

Mia looking sweet and confused.

Mia.jpg

That's all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If a dog gets stung by a bee or wasp, can children's benedryl be given? Last year, one of our dogs got it almost on the nose. It swelled and actually the tissue lost the hair. When it grew back, it came back gray!

Has anyone had a dog that has had a bad sting reaction? Can dogs be allergic to bee stings like people? What's the best course of action?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Love it! You can see she really wants one bad. How cute.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
926 Posts
All your dogs are beautiful. I like the long hair on Shepherds.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All your dogs are beautiful. I like the long hair on Shepherds.
Thank you. :)

I didn't even know there was such a thing as long-haired Shepherds until the litter I was waiting for was born. The breeder said she had 2 "fuzzies" and I was like, "What the heck is that"? LOL Then I started doing research on them and my husband and I decided to take one of them. That was Jaia.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Answer is yes . There was a camping prep thread here a while ago. I posted some info. ( a link ) about dogs and benedryl.

Here it is > http://www.dogforums.com/2-general-dog-forum/51281-any-tips-camping-your-2.html

Post # 22

If a dog gets stung by a bee or wasp, can children's benedryl be given? Last year, one of our dogs got it almost on the nose. It swelled and actually the tissue lost the hair. When it grew back, it came back gray!

Has anyone had a dog that has had a bad sting reaction? Can dogs be allergic to bee stings like people? What's the best course of action?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts