Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have been researching new vets because I want one that shares most of the same beliefs that I do on pet care.

For those of you with more knowledge and experience in this area, does this vet sound legit? He sounds amazing to me.
http://www.alt4animals.com/index.html

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
The most important thing you can do is call teh State veterinary Board and ask if there are complaints/hearings/disciplinary actions against the vet.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Generally I am wary of anyone who makes a blanket pre-promise to cure "most" anything and everything under the sun. But yes, call your state board and also see if you know anyone who uses him and get their opinions. Just don't go on Yelp or similar internet review sites, because IMO those are typically SO slanted either by one or two angry people or "fraudiences" that they are useless.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
He's one of those militant alternative-therapy people. Which is fine if that's what you want, of course, but be ready!

From reading his page it doesn't really sound like he sees patients as a regular vet. I could be wrong, though. And he mentions charging $180 an hour (but that could be for special consults or something other than regular care, idk). So you might want to get into contact with him first.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's one of those militant alternative-therapy people. Which is fine if that's what you want, of course, but be ready!

From reading his page it doesn't really sound like he sees patients as a regular vet. I could be wrong, though. And he mentions charging $180 an hour (but that could be for special consults or something other than regular care, idk). So you might want to get into contact with him first.
Yeah I didn't really understand too clearly how he did consultations/ appointments. He is verified on the Texas vet board thing, but I will still call around and see what I can find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts