Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm from Indonesia and I own a golden retriever pup. It is very hot here and very humid.

My question is if it is alright that I bathe my puppy twice a week? Will it do anything to harm her health?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Bathing twice a week is a bit much, but as long as you use a very mild shampoo, make sure it gets rinsed all the way out, and make sure your pup is drying out completely after each bath, it's not necessarily a problem either - it's just going to depend on your individual dog's skin and tolerences.

That said, is there a particular reason you need to bathe her that often? I live in Texas (also hot and humid) and bathing dogs doesn't do anything for them EXCEPT when they're actually wet - they don't sweat, so heat doesn't effect how they smell. If you're thinking it would help to keep her cool, you're on the right track, but I would just set up a kiddy pool for her to lay in instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, it is about keeping her cool, but sometimes she starts to smell. Is the heat the cause of that? Or is it her dog food?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I think it's the dog food. I feed her sunshine mills nurture. Would that be the problem?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I have NO idea, since I've never heard of the brand. But DogFoodProject.org has good info about analyzing the contents of a type of dog food - and even with good brands, dogs can have allergies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts