Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

So my pup gets bathed every week or two with a gentle, oatmeal-based shampoo and has not had any issues with this. The problem is... he still smells! Of course i know he is a dog and they smell, but I am wondering if it would be detrimental to him to get rinsed off every day and possibly washed with an even gentler shampoo- maybe puppy shampoo/wash or even baby shampoo/wash? I will of course look it up, but thought I'd ask here as well. If it's relevant he is a French Bulldog. [And if you have any other suggestions for minimizing the stink, please share!]

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have used a few shampoos on Zoey that would leave her kind of smelly only a few days later.. the two shampoo's I've found to keep them smelling nice and clean for a LONG time are Buddy Wash (By cloudstar.. I also get the Buddy rinse conditioner) this is a very mild shampoo that smells AMAZING and will make their fur very very soft.

The other one that works well (if not better) is Eqyss Micro-Tek Pet Shampoo.. You could also get the Eqyss Premier shampoo instead, because the Micro-Tek is medicated to treat itchy/scratchy/smelly skin, but it is also a pretty gentle shampoo.. and it goes a LONG way.. the shampoo works best (I think) when diluted with water 8 to 1 (8 being water) And it really does cure the itchy/smelly problems! I use the Eqyss Premier Conditioner with the Micro-Tek shampoo (both diluted) weekly, and have clean, great smelling/itchy free dogs.

EDIT: Oh I was also going to mention, you can buy special dog 'perfumes' or spritzers to mist them with nice smell.. I haven't ever used one but it's an option..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I second the Buddy Wash & Conditioner! I use it on my dog and not only is it very gentle (with natural ingredients), but it smells very nice and clean. They also make a leave-in conditioner/freshen up spray which is great as well - for in between baths, just spritz on and rub in... smells wonderful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts