Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Long time no see! We moved to San Diego County last year and we are still in the process of 'moving in' and fixing up the house as we would like it. We are also still trying to do something with our old house (rent? sell?) so I've been and still am very busy.

But it's expensive here and I need to cut costs somewhere so I am trying to bathe Bosley at home to save the $15 self-serve dog wash fee every 2 weeks and am keeping him in a puppy cut instead of his usual gorgeous long locks.

So my question is: has anyone tried that shower they advertise on here? (won't mention the name and get in trouble)

That shower is the first thing that came to my mind when I got the idea to save money by doing it at home because there is no way my back can handle leaning over the tub, and when I tried using the kitchen sink I spent 2 hours washing down the window, the counters, floor and of course, the sink!

You probably won't remember me but I thought I'd let you all know Bosley recovered nicely from his back injury and did not need surgery (well, yet anyhow).

·
Registered
11,420 Posts
I haven't used the specific brand advertised here, but have used the kind sold for people and it works well. Also good for older people or injured people who need to sit down while showering. You just want to get the kind with the squeeze on/off handle so you can stop the water flow conveniently.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Depending on his size, you could always use the kitchen sink if he's little, he can sit in there and you can have everything ready. There are lots of options for bathing dogs at home too. If you have the space and skills, you can always build something, friends of mine had a built in shower stall in the basement. It was a bathroom cabinet that they installed with three sides, all tiled in with a shower attachment as well. Underneath they had all the grooming supplies in one drawer, soap and dish cleaning stuff etc. in the other, and towels underneath plus a folding ramp. It became a selling feature when they sold, between that and the already installed dog run off the garage.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I've used RinseAce. Easy to put on and you can still use the shower head.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I have been looking and I found a 50% savings coupon for that shower on a pet discount coupon site and I ordered it. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival now as Bosley is due for a bath again Tuesday. The website I got the coupon at is like groupon.com (if you've heard of that one) but it's for pet stuff only and it's called coupaw.com.

Boy, I sure messed up my title up at the top, didn't I?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts