Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just adopted a manchester terrier beagle mix about two weeks ago. He has been okay most of the time but he barks obsessively. The only time he would bark before is for attention, but today my friend came over and Tidus (the dog) just started to bark at her. He was fine when he met her outside and she had been in the house for a couple of hours. We even took him for a walk. But all of a sudden after she walked away for a little bit and re entered a room he started sending out warning barks to her. I am not sure why this happened but it needs to stop soon! someone please help.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have tried posting twice and lost my posts! Grr lol

Anyway, as I have been trying to say.

Give your friend some hot dogs cut up into small pieces, or some other meat cut into small pieces. When your dog stops barking, have your friend toss him a piece of treat. You may be better putting your dog behind a baby gate or something because it could help your dog feel more secure. You or your friend can also treat him when he sits, lays down, or is calm in general.

I also suggest looking up kikopup and/or tab289 on youtube and getting into clicker training. It's very good and works great.

You may also need to work on reactivity or fear-based aggression depending on how your dog is the rest of the time. Best of luck! =]

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's a terrier and she may be territorial. The dog was OK with your friend outside i.e. in a neutral environment. Inside she may not like visitors, or other pets. Just follow closely what happens when other people visit your home. Its important to determine why the dog behaves like she does and once you know it can be addressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts