Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
quick question, my almost 5 month old Tallie (catahoula/weimaranar mix) barks at her reflection in the window at night. I tried putting a mirror in front of her to see what she would do, and she didnt react at all.
How do I help her realize that the window is not the enemy?

·
Registered
891 Posts
If you figure that out, let me know, LOL. Molly also barks at reflections she sees in glass surfaces. I can normally shush her by telling her "it's okay. Good girl." "Okay" is her release word and hearing it under these conditions seems to let her know that her alarm services are appreciated but not needed at present. This also works when she occasionally barks at noises outside. I'll humor her by looking out a window or the door and then I'll say "it's okay. good girl," which usually does the trick and she settles back down.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
But there's another dog there! Right in the window! And now it's barking at me! <-- inside your dog's head

You could try Julie's advice. If that doesn't work, train a "quiet" command to stop the barking.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Hahah my dog keeps trying to get at the handsome devil in the picture window behind the couch at night too! I just shut the shades.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My dog does this, but not all of the time, she only ever does it when she see's herself in the patio door though, she sometimes growls at herself too, i just say Holly sssh, or Holly shut up, or Holly quiet, of course i tell her it is her but she never beileves me!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts