Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
My dog (7 months) bearnese barks terribly when playing with other dogs, i know it is not bad behavior, it is normal for a dog to bark when playing, but her can bark non stop, she only does it when the other dogs run.
She does not bark at home, she does not bark when someone knock at the other, actually she does not bark in other situation.
Also she is on leash she does not bark the other dogs, only she unlesahed when she run at the other dogs.
Let me know if you have suggestions cause her bark is really loud and cause of that we can't go the park early in the morning.
Thank you

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would say that its normal for dogs to be 'vocal' (not limited to barking) my dog at least loves to do a grunting of sorts and growling.

Provided that its not a nuisance and that other dogs don't seem to resent it, I think your pup is just fine. Very young puppies (such as your 7 month old) love to bark as they play and then it slowly decreases as they get older...but who knows some adult dogs still love to bark while playing :D

Barking is a good way to communicate with other dogs, so you should be proud that your pup is such a good communicatior ;)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Does she like to carry something in her mouth? B'asia is also a play barker. She's kinda pushy. So we gave her a frisbee to carry around. It didn't work for her as she just learned to bark with her mouth full, but it might work for your girl.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am agree it is an expression for the dog just really annoying can not go to the park anymore.
No she does not like carring things in her mouth.
I really dunno what to do, i tried the citronella spray, not working, tried to make her a good walk (30-45 min) before going there, samething.
I think next step will to bring a professional ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts