Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have been doing lite reading on barf diet for the past couple weeks. so i think i got the basic
1st 3 weeks
chicken only
week 4-8
start adding beef to diet and light veg to diet
so lets say for a 7 day meal plan
sunday - saturaday
chicken every morning
feed beef every 2nd day for dinner and maybe add some organ meat 2 times a week
and after 2 months keep a 1 week schedule with variety of meats/veg/eggs/ofal

day of week monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday sunday
breakfast chicken through out the week
dinner veg/egg beef fish chicken veg/egg fish veg/ofal

feed daily multivitamin and fishoil or should i feed vitamins/fish oil every other day.

i know that to take it slow introducing new food, and should wait till the dog digestion adapts to it, and i can feed pureed pumpkin if the dog has diarrhea/constipated.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Once your dog has acclimated to all species of meat, after a few months, you can feed any combination at either morning or evening meals.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, thats what i thought, this seems pretty easy.
first what about vitamins/fih oil should i give it the dog on a daily basis, or every other day also should i give lets say a half a vitamin rather then a full one.

i think people make it over complicated, look way to into it or both which i can see can be a scary transition.
but when i get my new boxer im gonna start this on him right away, i am accually lookin for deals on raw meats to get an early start.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feed my two boxers and one pitbull on a whole prey model diet. I started out with the BARF diet and wasn't too thrilled and it took too much work....pureeing vegetables, etc. Dogs are carnivores and do not need vegetables/carbs at all. I follow the 80/10/10 guidelines......80% meat, 10% bones, 10% offal. Join this yahoo group and you will learn more than you ever need to know! The group is called rawfeeding if you do a search on yahoo groups. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts