Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
nice dog. just recently learned about these guys too. suppossed to be a real good gaurd dog? from what i read they sound like they could be hard to handel?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Congratulations. I also have absolutely no knowledge of the breed. :) I must say that the dog looks very big and the coloration is nice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys, Yes they can be a handful but a good dogman or woman should be able to handle any dog although I def would not recommend these dogs to an average owner. They are just insanely protective so you gotta be responsible with them. his temperament is pretty solid but he is not even 4 mths in the picture. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hey guys, Yes they can be a handful but a good dogman or woman should be able to handle any dog although I def would not recommend these dogs to an average owner. They are just insanely protective so you gotta be responsible with them. his temperament is pretty solid but he is not even 4 mths in the picture. Thanks.
He is just a baby then! One sweet looking baby though.

I have heard that Filas should 'turn on' pretty much as early as possible. Is this true?

Also, because of the breeds nature and history, is it impossible to rehome? What happens to the owner surrender Filas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two, depends on what bloodlines. I had a female that by 7 mths old rivaled any adult fila while some people say that their fila did not come into it's temperament until over 2 yrs...I think by 6 mths you should def see something. The 4mth old male pictured would growl bark and occasionally lunge at people at 3mths...I had some last litter who were lunging at 2.5 mths...this isnt normal though and a person really shouldnt be expecting much from a pup but shout see signs that the dog does not want to meet new people by NLT 6-8mths IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts