Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2 year old 12lb mini Aussie named Bosley. Awesome dog, really smart, obedient and really sweet.

He is however obsessive about balls and frisbees, which for the most part is awesome, my wife wanted a smaller dog and I wanted a dog I could play with like a big dog. We have 3 sort of staples for outdoor play and like to mix it up as much as possible to keep him guessing. We have tennis sized balls (the chuckit rubber ones so he doesn't rip off all the fluff) a bunch of different frisbees and larger balls.

He loves to play with soccer sized balls which is great because we can kick the balls instead of always throwing them (we tire out before he does lol). Here is where I have a problem. He rips up soccer balls if we dont kick them fast enough for his liking and he peels the patches to carry them around. Hard balls he can't do anything with as he can't pick them up. We bought a great 30$ chuckit (http://www.petco.com/product/119065/Chuckit!-Kick-Fetch-Ball-Dog-Toy.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMPronto-_-Dog-_-Canine Hardware-_-1521659&mr:referralID=a7bfbe5f-eb05-11e1-97b3-001b2166becc) ball but he's managed to chew his way through that too!

Does anyone know of a larger dog ball that will last agood while that a smaller dog could actually pick up? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Have you tried a jolly ball? They come in various sizes and have a handle so a dog can carry even a larger one around. They are made for horses so they are very durable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thank you, I will look into those for sure. Are they all hard or do they have some give? Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I purchased a small Kong glow in the dark med to hard ball for my 12 pound Eddee. I also purchased a glow in the dark large ball ...also med to hard for the other two dogs ... a 20 pound dog and a 65 pound dog. They are a ton of fun at night outside!!! :) I got the glow ball/interactive toy ball at Pet Plus Supplies ... and the small Kong ball online. But I think I saw one at the pet store last week also?

None have been chewed up or flat yet! Lol! I put a dish rag through the small Kong ball to add leverage and make a different game of it! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
Jolly ball for larger sizes.

Orbee ball is guaranteed, but it about the size of a tennis ball.

Zogoflex has a line of throwing toys that are guaranteed. Don't think any are good for kicking though, but they have several good throw options.

Kong in general is pretty tough, I like their frisbees because even if the dog bites into them, they won't cut his mouth like a hard plastic frisbee. A lot of the fetch toys aren't made for chewing though, strictly fetch and return to owner/repeat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts