Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new bag of food and it doesn't tell me how much to feed a puppy. It is Burns, Mini Bites small dog and puppy formula. It says for a dog 2-11 lbs. feed 1/4-1/2C a day. But doesn't give me an amount specifically for a puppy.
My dog is almost 10 lb and 7 months old, 1/2 C just doesn't seem to be enough. I've been giving him closer to 3/4C.
I've tried several food and none he ate with gusto until this one. So I'm not sure if he is still hungry or just likes the food.
Any one familiar with this food?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
To feed a pup raw food you just feed the adult dog. As in if a pup weighs 10 pounds and is expected to weigh 20 pounds at maturity you feed for the 20 pound adult. I expect your pup is mostly grown now and 3/4 cup is probably a good estimate. But for feeding any dog feed for condition. If you can easily feel the ribs and other bony points but not see any then you are feeding a good amount. If you need to squeeze a little then pup is a bit pudgy and cut back the feed a bit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Since it is a puppy formula, then the portions given are for puppies. If your pup is not underweight, then the feeding amount is okay. You should adjust amount according to what your puppy looks like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts