Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we will be on a walk and bolo does this weird thing where she will sniff at a bush or whatever and start moving her jaw up and down just barely....making this weird chomping noise as she does it..what is up with this? she is the only dog I [\I] have ever met who does it...

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool....I looked it up

as for the book...buying it would mean I don't eat for a day. I borrow dog books when I find them on the shelves of those I know..will write it down though....

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I'm surprised you never see it. Its one reason I've seen people not want males or at least intact males. They get the scent of the female or do it around females. Honestly though I never understood that because my females do it to. It can be a number of different things that trigger them besides the scent of a female in season. One female seems to just not need a reason to do so.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised you never see it. Its one reason I've seen people not want males or at least intact males. They get the scent of the female or do it around females. Honestly though I never understood that because my females do it to. It can be a number of different things that trigger them besides the scent of a female in season. One female seems to just not need a reason to do so.
nope bolo is the only one I have noticed do this but then again I pay obsessive attention to everything that she does. with other dogs I do pay attention but not to the anal retentive degree I do with bolo...my relations joke that I could tell you at any given point how many times bolo clenched her rear muscles (familyfriendlyversion) that day

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I didn't post to say, "Buy this book," I simply linked to the page in the book review where you can find the information you were looking for. From there you can read most of the rest of the book for free (while eating, if you so choose).

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
PP

Most of the time including now I post from my cellphone...I don't actually own a computer.

So webpages look different to me than they do to you. Sorry for the confusion...

and on a side note..

I can't figure out why she actively seeks out opportunities to drink hydrogen peroxide??

and then when I actually want her to drink it...like when she got into some ibuprofen when she was younger..she fights me about it...?:confused:

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
She wants to be the mastermind of the game. ;) That is why.

Our dog would eat things, like Crayons but other times wouldn't want a simple pill. Unless you told her it was vitamins, she always wanted to take her vitamins. If she found out is was medicines then she would try to hold it in her mouth. DH would tell her to swallow it, she'd give that look like she didn't want to (you know the one, with their eyes and all when they don't want to do something but don't want trouble, kind of looking down?), holding the pill in her mouth. Finally she would swallow being told again. I bet if the pill were just laying on the floor she'd walk up and gulp it down.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
my Lexi does something similar to this. only she does "teeth chattering" which is actually a sign of over-stimulation. she does it when i get home from work, and when its time to eat. the only things that make her go BONKERS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts