Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. This is somewhat of a "health" and "food" post, but more of an update.

Back when I first joined this forum I was discussing and inquiring about Donatello's, thinning hair resulting in bald spots. He had a rather large one above his right eye larger than a half dollar! I was asking about what I could do, what I could try and what could it be that was causing this peculiar ailment.

Well, a few weeks ago, while his hair was still falling out excessively, it started filling in. (Leaving me perplexed.) Well over the past couple weeks it stopped filling in... and I was thinking, "Oh great, he's going to have a permanent bald spot on his head!".

Well. Since I've taken it upon myself to research dog foods and find a brand CORN free, we've had amazing results! First of all, his shedding is not near as bad, no more bald spots showing up (as new spots were showing up almost daily!), and the bald spot on his face and the other ones surrounding his face are continuing to fill back in! Can you believe it?

Not only that, but he's more energetic, more alert, not licking at his paws, and actually enjoys eating his dog food!

I just thought I would give an update; Instead of spending hundreds of dollars narrowing this down, I took a harmless shot in the dark and it's proving to have positive results... However, he's still in-route to the vet the minute I get that tax rebate check it! :D

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of my step-mother's who is a doggie breeder suggested Nature's Recipe Farm Stand Selects. She had a few dogs allergic to corn as well and she said they did fantastic on them.

So, despite the fact a few others still weren't pleased with it, he's doing wonderful on it and like me and many others, that's most important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts