Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 8:00 pm, Bunk and I had to leave training early to pick up Shafi from school, and we were ready to go home!
Unfortunately, upon my arrive at Lipscomb University, I got a text message from Shafi that she wasn't going to get off until 9:00 -a whole hour from then that Bunk and I would have spend roaming campus, killing time.
My blood began to get hot and I knew that the first thing I was going to say to Shafi when I she got out of class was "you owe big time for this one." Luckily, things didn't turn out that way, even thought it wouldn't be until 9:15 that she eventually got out of class.
So I began walking around campus with Bunk, feeling annoyed with my predicament when I decided to make the best of my situation. Instead of staying angry, I utilized my time with Bunk and introduced him to as many students on campus that I could find. Bunk immediately became a rockstar.
Not only did get Bunk get tons of attention, but I actually got some really helpful advice from some student dog-owners, one of whom informed me that the reason Bunk barks at other dogs is not because he is mad at them, but because he is actually defending his territory (Shafi and I).
While I don't know if this theory is correct, it was a nice bit a knowledge that I can be mindful of the next time Bunk goes nuts at another dog.
Moral of the story: You can always count on you dog to brighten your day/night, and never forget that how small everyday annoyances are compared to how big a dog can make you feel. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts