Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 6 months or so Lloyd has had horrible bad breath and I cannot figure out why! I have been brushing his teeth every day (once a day), and at night all the animals get this blue gel stuff the vet gave me put on their gums that is supposed to help clean the mouth. I also use this spray that is supposed to help with plaque and tarter build up (and it does seem to work well). They raw meaty bones a couple of times a month too. I switch foods like every bag and it doesn't seem to matter what food he is eating. Any idea?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi not all bad breath comes from teeth. Can also come from a dog eating it own poo or it could come from his kidneys function.. Might be worth talking to your vet.

Regards.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi not all bad breath comes from teeth. Can also come from a dog eating it own poo or it could come from his kidneys function.. Might be worth talking to your vet.

Regards.
Thanks, I had mentioned it to her on the visit and she gave me the spray and gel to put on his teeth. I will bring him in and do some blood work too though, I didn't even think about kidney function affecting their breath. I know he doesn't eat poop because they are never unattended to be able to do it, the pen fence is jump-able so we watch them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts