Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make my backyard more interesting? The dogs prefer to spend a lot of their time outside, and I want to know how can I make my yard more interesting? It's a large yard, with a stone padio, and a duck pen with three ducks. I'm trying to find something that makes the four happier. any ideas?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Do you mean natural or were you thinking along the lines of something like Agility equipment, a wading pool, etc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both. Really whatever I can to make it more interesting for them to be there, especially if I'm not home.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What do your pups enjoy doing? Mine love jumping over things, chasing each other around things, climbing up on things, playing with toys, that sort of thing... so I put four logs in the back yard for them to jump over, a high area (a little hill that forms a high point in the yard) that they love going onto and looking out, several toys they can play tug-o-war with, etc. I also plan to make a digging pit (sort of like a sand box) because they enjoy digging and burying things too. (Oh, my pups would LOOOOVE a splash pool... I've got to figure out a way to afford that!) It's really just a matter of thinking through what gives them the most pleasure and helps them burn off energy, and adding things to the yard that help them do those things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets see.. If I could make an automatic throwing arm, axle would be happy. It's ALL about the ball. :) Axle likes to fetch,chew, and jump over things. Roxie likes to chew bones and settle down for a few hours and nap where theres a high spot. Parker likes digging and using his nose, and emma loooves to play chase.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Sounds to me like some good sized bones, a wading pool, and I highly suggest getting your digger a sandbox!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts