Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Hope & Faith a backpack. I was thinking a Nordkyn but either a light rider or Jogger/Sport Pack-by WENAHA. They seem to be the cheapest place to get one. (unless im not looking at the right place maybe?).

-I just want something to carry: dog treats, poop/poop bags, water or water bowl of some sort (for when we go on longer walks-simple walks or trips to the park-NOT hiking/jogging/etc like that).
- I dont want it super bulky but not so small its basically a purse on their backs. -Id like to spend no more than $40-$50 a pack, id really prefer no more than $40. It would be awesome if i could somehow find 1 that would fit both of them and switch who wears it rather than buy 2. HELP!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Check out doodie packs. http://doodiepack.com/ They sound about right for what you want. If you actually wanted something to put weight into you would need a bigger pack, but these are big enough for poop bags (used and not used), keys, cell phone, a water bottle, and a few other small things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an Outward Hound backpack for Lucky. I got it from Petsmart and I don't think it was more than $40. They had two different styles -- I got the larger/heavy duty one for him, but the smaller/light duty one they had sounds like it might be a better fit your preferences.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are little dogs allowed to wear backpacks? If I just wanted him to carry poop bags or something. He couldn't handle anything else I don't think.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an Outward Hound backpack for Lucky. I got it from Petsmart and I don't think it was more than $40. They had two different styles -- I got the larger/heavy duty one for him, but the smaller/light duty one they had sounds like it might be a better fit your preferences.
we ended up getting 1 of these-- Medium :)

Are little dogs allowed to wear backpacks? If I just wanted him to carry poop bags or something. He couldn't handle anything else I don't think.
yep- they make small ones and yep they can wear em.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a ruffwear approach pack for Uno and I absolutely love it. My main concern was correct anatomical design, padded back, making sure the packs dont interfere with movement, good quality, etc.
Its a bit expensive when you get it from a retailer, but I found it online for $40, someone bought it and then couldnt return it because it was too big for their dog, so it was brand new. I liike the fact that it has 2 straps so it doesent slide around, and theres a y-shapes neck strap, not vertical one that puts pressure on the trachea.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Libby has a Ruffwear Approach, and we love it. My SIL bought her golden an Approach as well. They're fantastic! The Outward Hound are garbage, IMO. They don't sit on the dogs properly, but if you are only carrying poop bags it'd work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts