Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bully & Gambit have been great though ive had to start crating them again when I leave for work seeing how they both have become expert escape artist from there pen lol.

Any way ive had them since Nov 18th of this year and theyre about to be 4months old they like to go over to the floor heat duct in the kitchen and pee there ive scrubbed the heck out of that spot and I keep and eye on them but they still just prance on over even with me yelln gibberish to get there attention when I see the action about to happen and there just like "what we pee here now" and they know when we out side and they potty they come running to me for a treat because I praise the crap out of them when they go potty outside.. trust me I am training training training the hell out of these 2 butt heads... there good for the most part but when should I expect them to let me know when they need to go out on there own?

NOTE* I go to the door and say lets go potty and I dont open it until they scratch at the door so they can comprehend that scratching at the door lets someone know "hey we need to potty"

THANKS FOR THE HELP :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes and no.... the vent is right near the door we go out to use the potty so I dont want to block it and waste all the traing im trying with them at that door on letting me know they need out by scrathcing that door. If I do block it we can go to the door down stairs but they are scaredy pants on going down steps right now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can you move their food bowls to that spot, or sit down with them on or really close to that spot for cuddles and training time? If they see it as part of their daily living area, they will probably stop peeing there.

·
Registered
948 Posts
yes and no.... the vent is right near the door we go out to use the potty so I dont want to block it and waste all the traing im trying with them at that door on letting me know they need out by scrathcing that door. If I do block it we can go to the door down stairs but they are scaredy pants on going down steps right now.
ah, it's right there at the door eh...well, they're heading in the right direction at least. I've always let my dogs come up with their own way of asking to go out. Some have scratched, some have barked, one of the two I have now (the westie) just sits and looks at the door. We call it "waiting for the bus" cause he just sits there waiting for the door to open. The other whines. Apparently yours have decided that peeing on the vent is a good way to alert you.

I kinda think, at 4 months they're just about ready, and if you keep up what you're doing they'll get it pretty soon. If that's the last place in the house they'll pee, blocking for a short time is usually all it takes. You couldn't set a lightweight box or wastepaper basket there, that you can move as needed?.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah, it's right there at the door eh...well, they're heading in the right direction at least. I've always let my dogs come up with their own way of asking to go out. Some have scratched, some have barked, one of the two I have now (the westie) just sits and looks at the door. We call it "waiting for the bus" cause he just sits there waiting for the door to open. The other whines. Apparently yours have decided that peeing on the vent is a good way to alert you.

I kinda think, at 4 months they're just about ready, and if you keep up what you're doing they'll get it pretty soon. If that's the last place in the house they'll pee, blocking for a short time is usually all it takes. You couldn't set a lightweight box or wastepaper basket there, that you can move as needed?.
Well I tried what red fraggle suggested and hooraayy it worked, but one just went to the opposite side and peed.... frustrating I swear! maybe if I put food bowles every where in the kitchen then theyll stop lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts