Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been on here before about 2 yrs ago....but anyways I have 3 dogs. And currently we are watching my sister in laws 10 week old Beagle puppy. She is adorable, of course! But my sister in law leaves the puppy in their backyard most of the day (which is not good for potty training at all) & that is what she said i could do when i go to work. I don't leave my dogs outside all day,if i'm home,they are inside most of the time.So the puppy has been inside alot more then she normally is. Anyways i don't feel comfortable letting her roam the whole backyard when nobody is there...so i put her in the garage. Our garage has a doorway on the side where a door should be,we just don't have one. If you step thru the doorway your inside the fenced backyard. So i blocked the doorway with plywood so she can't go back there.So the top half of the doorway has fresh air coming into the garage.I also put a fan out there & made sure she cannot get the cord. Her crate is out there that she loves to sleep in as well as toys & water.I've left her out there before but not for as long as i will be gone today.from 8:30am-5:15pm.ALSO the other days she was out there it was somewhere in the 80's. Today it'll be 90 degrees...is it to hot for her to be out there for that long? If so, i'm going home to put her inside.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
That's too hot for a 10 week old baby. She can easily dehydrate within minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts