Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello =] Just a few questions regarding my little monkey.

His name is Moe and he is an 11 week old Griffon Chihuahua mix (mum was Brussels Griffon x Chihuahua and dad was Maltese.)

This is him mid play with his teddy toy.

There's just a few things I want to ask.
Firstly, when he arrived home his ears were nice and perky, but the past couple of days his left ear has noticeably slumped and is quite flat against his face.

Both his ears look a little dirty, but I'm unsure if this kind of dirty is normal or it's something to worry about, like ear mites or something.

This is what both of his ears look like. This isn't the best picture but he was being a monkey so it was the best possible. I did manage to wipe them out a little with a damp warm cloth. I was told that it would be a good idea to give him the advocate I was given for him in the morning and that, if it is ear mites, the advocate should help. Speaking of advocate, he is also being attacked by fleas and I want them gone as soon as possible. I gave him a really quick easy wash today (about 8 hours ago) in the shower with flea shampoo to ease him some. It was just his back I did really, I didn't want to give him to hard of a wash for his first wash. Anyway, will it be safe to give him the advocate tomorrow morning (in about 7/8 hours) 16 hours after the flea shampoo? I will also be defleaing the resident cat. Would it be safe with the advocate on him to also flea bomb at some point tomorrow? or would that be too much of a chemical overload. I just want to help him as much as I can.

He's going in for his second vaccination in 4 days too, if that is information that needs to factored in.

Thank you for any and all advice! Thank you from both of us!

~ Auby and Moe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely a cute pup! My wife used to have a griffon mix and he was one of the smartest and most obedient dogs I have ever seen. I agree with Kyllobernese that the vet should take care of you there with the ear situation since you'll be going in a few days. I hope all goes well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely a cute pup! My wife used to have a griffon mix and he was one of the smartest and most obedient dogs I have ever seen. I agree with Kyllobernese that the vet should take care of you there with the ear situation since you'll be going in a few days. I hope all goes well!
Aw yay! That's really encouraging. I hope he is just like that. Yeah I'm hoping it's nothing too serious so we don't have to do any traumatic medication. Thank you! Me too =D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts