Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... my mother grew fond of the little black pup nobody has wanted.. probably cause she is black and people here are scared by black dogs; i have been investing time on her to educate her while she stays with us.

And god is she GENIOUS!
I have only been training her for 3 days and i haven't been doing consistent training, and she already knows how to seat, wait,obey the eat command, and release command!

Still working on potty training, but she is having one accident per 10 times she gets to go outside.

She is a tiny thingie, but she plays for HOURS with Apollo, prudi isn't too happy to have her near, but she tolerates her daughter, also, Prudis hyper level have dropped alot since she had the pups, but she still has her awesome guarding instinct, we are taking her to the vet along with the pup for a checkup next weeks, just to keep track of her health after giving birth.

With Apollo, they have a blast togheter, splosh in the little pool, do some wrestling, the lil black dog pulls on apollos lips and he just loves it!

Apollo will roll over and let the pup attack him,and be like that for 30 minutes until they fall asleep togheter, turns out Apollo was very well socialized and has very good manners with smaller dogs, a dream dog after a hard way, by the way, he is turning one year old on July the Ninth, i think we are going to bake him a dog cake.

Just wanted to let you know how much progress we have been doing with the 3 dogs.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Do you have any new pictures?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Aw, that's neat and nice of your mother to adopt the little black pup. What kind of dog is he and Apollo?

The only black dog I'm afraid of (and I don't mean it as I wouldn't go up and ask the owner to pet them) are GSD and wolf hybrids because of a movie I saw long ago called the "Never Ending Story" (remember the gmork?), but as far as Labs or Rotties are concerned, nope not scared.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
That is just GREAT. We all knew your Mom couldn't resist not keeping a puppy... and besides, Apollo talked her into it. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, first..

The lil black pup (female) is a mutt from a Siberian Husky and my other Dog, a female mutt that accidentally ran away while on heat)

And Apollo is a Copper Siberian Husky

Elana, we still don't know if it is definitive that we are keeping ''Blackie'' which is her official name now, but in the meantime, mom loves to have her around.
However i discovered that my mom has a gigantic prefference for well mannered dogs (hence why Apollo is still living with us!!)

I consider Apollo to be my first time training a dog all by myself, and he gave me ALOT of experience in just one tiny year, and now i'm using that experience with Blackie, and it really shows!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
However i discovered that my mom has a gigantic prefference for well mannered dogs
Don't we all...that's how my husband talked me into getting a dog in the first place...I told him I didn't like dogs much :eek: and he said I'd just never been around a well trained dog. Makes all the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts