Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new product at PetCo and I couldn't find any information on the internet. Long story short, avoid it for bad quality and possible injury.

I normally avoid retractable leashes. I prefer a nice solid 6' lead and a nylon 30' for training but I agreed to try a retractable leash out at the request of my lovely new wife.
Previously I'd used flexi leashes given their reputation for quality (relatively). However, the flexi leashes were being boxed up when I walked into PetCo.

According the the manager, the current generation of flexi leashes are horrid. They break too often and it costs the store significant change to get them replaced. After testing quite a few different brands, they settled on the Hartz Revolution 360 retractable leash. My previous experience with Hartz products was not exceptional but the store manager convinced me to give it a try.

At first glance the leash looks alright. It has a large ergonomical handle, a reflective belt, a very easy to use brake/lock button, and felt much more comfortable in my hands than my last flexi. The price was a little steep at $29 but not out of the range of a good retractable lead. From the outside, it seemed like a decent choice.

It didn't take long before I decided to take it back. Right out of the box a metal shaving on the clip went right into my thumb. That almost did it by itself, but I had the leash there with a dog ready to go so I gave it a run. It was time to test the other features.

Unfortunately those features didn't work out well either. The brake automatically locks when engaged. There's no way around that feature, which was fairly annoying. Yet, not five minutes into our walk, I had to put the 6 foot lead on as the Hartz started fraying.

So while I still can't find any information about this on the net, anyone browsing here should strongly consider looking elsewear. h

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Thanks for the public service announcement! I use the retractable leashes while walking Bella around the yard (never to any place public or around any traffic). So it is good to know - it's about time to replace her current one.

I typically avoid ANY Hartz product, though. I just don't trust 'em.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I don't touch anything made by hartz, not toys, not shampoo, not topicals, nothing. I just really don't trust that company.

·
Registered
53 Posts
they should've had 4 boxes of "new" flexi's in the back. The same as the "old" ones but with new packaging. I personally don't recommend ANYthing made by Hartz to my customers for what it's worth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there!

I am a representative of Hartz, and wanted to reach out to about your post. We're sorry to hear about your experience with our Revo 360 Leash. It is our aim to only provide quality products for our consumers. If possible, we would love to hear from you to understand what happened, and resolve any concerns you may have. Can you email us at [email protected]? We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks! Alex from Hartz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts