Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a student whom is currently working on a device which would be able to train a puppy to use the toilet inside completely automatically. The device would look something like a box. When the dog uses the toilet, the moisture system inside it detects it, sending a signal to the treat dispenser inside of it, feeding the puppy which would consequently allow it to learn where to pee every time. This device also includes various cool features such as an LED system which tells you how full the collector tray is (pee) and in addition, it provides you with useful data such as, when the dog last used the toilet via a timer which resets itself every time the moisture system/detector detects something. Please let me know what you think of my idea and if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm a student whom is currently working on a device which would be able to train a puppy to use the toilet inside completely automatically. The device would look something like a box. When the dog uses the toilet, the moisture system inside it detects it, sending a signal to the treat dispenser inside of it, feeding the puppy which would consequently allow it to learn where to pee every time. This device also includes various cool features such as an LED system which tells you how full the collector tray is (pee) and in addition, it provides you with useful data such as, when the dog last used the toilet via a timer which resets itself every time the moisture system/detector detects something. Please let me know what you think of my idea and if you have any questions.
Hi, my name is Rodrigo and i'm very interested in your device ti train a puppy. Would this work in my apartment as i currently do not have a garden? And how exactly effective is training your puppy inside rather than outside?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, my name is Rodrigo and i'm very interested in your device ti train a puppy. Would this work in my apartment as i currently do not have a garden? And how exactly effective is training your puppy inside rather than outside?
YES, this device is made for apartments specifically due to the fact that most apartments don't have gardens. The only complication with it is that you need to empty out the collector tray every so often or it will overflow with "liquid". Since this is simply a developing idea and hasn't been tested yet, I can't tell you yet how effective it is because I don't know. Although, when I'll have finished the prototype, I'll send a video to prove its effectiveness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
YES, this device is made for apartments specifically due to the fact that most apartments don't have gardens. The only complication with it is that you need to empty out the collector tray every so often or it will overflow with "liquid". Since this is simply a developing idea and hasn't been tested yet, I can't tell you yet how effective it is because I don't know. Although, when I'll have finished the prototype, I'll send a video to prove its effectiveness.
Great!! i'll be looking forward to seeing this developing idea succeed. Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
Full disclosure, I wouldn't be interested in this product because I'm easily able to get my dogs outside, but I see the use case! I have a couple questions that might be helpful to you in tweaking the design.

How easy is the device to thoroughly clean and sanitize? Especially in the case of illness or if the pup defecates/vomits in the box instead of peeing.

How easy is the box to move or flip over if a puppy decides it's a toy?

Many puppies chew cords. Is there any consideration to making the cord difficult to reach or chew?

Similar to the above, how have you designed the treat dispenser to prevent a puppy from trying to break in for all the treats?

You don't necessarily have to answer these here, but I thought they might be good thinks to think about with design choices, based on my own experience living with puppies.

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
144 Posts
My first thought is what about poop. A dog is unlikely to poop directly on top of its prior poop. So if the dog poops in the box, it will likely not do so again until that poop is picked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts