Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get notifications via email; starting yesterday, when I click the email link a box pops up asking for an authentication code. Anyone else getting this?

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
Are those notifications coming to the personal email account that you used to register for dogforums? How many have you gotten? What is the return email address? Are these the notifications to tell you that there is activity on a thread you're subscribed to?

I'm not aware of any such email that will ask for a code but one of the lovely things here is that the moderators aren't always aware of what the administrators are up to. Maybe one of them will see this and let us know if they have any information.

In the meantime, I'd be reluctant to open those emails.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I keep getting it on several of the dog forums I go on. So far I have just clicked cancel. Not sure where it is coming from and are not going to send someone my email address. It just comes up a few moments after I have been reading some of the topics.

·
Administrator
4,780 Posts
If you're getting these kinds of emails, delete them. Nowadays, many spammers can make emails appear as if they are coming from a source that really isn't the source of the email (phising scammers send out emails purporting to be banks, logos and all, but really, they're just scammers trying to get your banking info). Our emails will never ask you authenticate anything.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are those notifications coming to the personal email account that you used to register for dogforums? How many have you gotten? What is the return email address? Are these the notifications to tell you that there is activity on a thread you're subscribed to?

I'm not aware of any such email that will ask for a code but one of the lovely things here is that the moderators aren't always aware of what the administrators are up to. Maybe one of them will see this and let us know if they have any information.

In the meantime, I'd be reluctant to open those emails.
Its just a little pop up window, I click "cancel" and it goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts