Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I have sat down and decided our next dog is going to be a blue heeler. We already have a rescued ACD/pit cross, and I grew up with a full blooded one who had started stock training before we got him. We have researched the breed extensively, and feel it would be a good fit for our active family. We aren't planning on getting one until probably next year or so, but I figured there is no harm is looking into breeders. I have tried looking on my own, but the breeders I find either send up red flags in my mind or aren't the type of dog we are looking for. We are looking strictly for a companion, not a farm dog, especially since we will probably be bringing a baby into the work during the prime of the dogs life, I don't want to risk a stock dog around a toddler. So here I am! Do you have any breeders you have worked with or know of? It can be anywhere in the country, and may consider overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
I am in North Carolina. And I am not opposed to having a dog flown in.

Call Me Farms.... Parrish Florida. (west central part of the state)

Been in the breed for YEARS....

Breeds a NICE SOUND dog with appropriate temperaments.

A couple of my Call Me Dogs...

2xAOM GCH(bronze)(UKC CH) Call Me Work N Some Magic - Merlin He is co owned by the breeder.

Call Me All Fired Up - Pyro

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful dogs.

I looked at the breeders website, and I couldn't find very much on the breeders policies. Any insight before I actually email her?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contracts for pet-only dogs. Guarantees of any sort. Return policy. And what she requires to determine if a puppy goes to a home.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Contracts for pet-only dogs. Guarantees of any sort. Return policy. And what she requires to determine if a puppy goes to a home.

For those questions I would email her.... I know the gist of them but would not want to put words in her mouth. I will tell you this.... She is fair, honest, and not judgemental....She is also not a breeder that LOOKS for silly reason not to approve a puppy buyer...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That last bit was one of my biggest concerns. I once had a rescue refuse a large breed dog to me because the slats of my fence were the wrong size.

I will email her. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts