Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend Luna had a grand old time playing with the garden hose:

Unfortunately, she must've caught up with it too many times because she ended up having an episode of projectile vomiting when we got in the house. The vet said she thinks it was just a combination of water/air in the tummy (from the hose) and running around with the water/air in the tummy. Sort of a kid in a carnival ride syndrome. :eek:

She's no worse for the wear, and we're glad we have stainmaster carpet!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
our old man Tipper used to love the hose, as well.....and he'd get himself throwing up also....just be careful, a friends dog ended up "over hydrating" doing it and she had to take him to the ER....he was acting really out of it and stumbling and swaying.....after a $600 bill she found out that a potassium/sodium increase was all she needed to do (keep bananas on hand and feed one along w/ some salt just in case).....

are you sure Luna isn't pure Shepherd?...she really looks pure to me....and i love her colouring....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you sure Luna isn't pure Shepherd?...she really looks pure to me....and i love her colouring....
Anything's possible! I got her from a shelter and they probably guessed on the breed. Her mother was supposedly a Lab/GSD mix (I never saw her) and her father was said to be Akita. The puppies looked very Akita like when they were little, but I don't see it at all now!

Here's her puppy picture:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats funny , most dogs go nuts around a spraying hose . Acts like a waterpik too :D . When I'm in the backyard now , if my dog even see's me walking towards the water tap he starts jumping all over the place in excitement.

Last weekend Luna had a grand old time playing with the garden hose:

Unfortunately, she must've caught up with it too many times because she ended up having an episode of projectile vomiting when we got in the house. The vet said she thinks it was just a combination of water/air in the tummy (from the hose) and running around with the water/air in the tummy. Sort of a kid in a carnival ride syndrome. :eek:

She's no worse for the wear, and we're glad we have stainmaster carpet!

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
what a gorgeous doggy!! i haven't had a chance to try iorek with a hose yet since we live in an apt but i can't wait until we can!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that puppy picture! how did you ever get anything done? i would have been snuggling her alllllllllll the time! oh my gosh, you have one of the prettiest dogs i have ever seen!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I'm in the backyard now , if my dog even see's me walking towards the water tap he starts jumping all over the place in excitement.
LOL, Luna figured out right away where the water comes from. After my husband shut the water off she ran to the spout and tried to turn it back on!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that puppy picture! how did you ever get anything done? i would have been snuggling her alllllllllll the time! oh my gosh, you have one of the prettiest dogs i have ever seen!
Thank you very much! I confess, I didn't get a whole lot done, and I still don't! She's my sweetheart. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts