Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the company my friend works for was having a picnic at the park across the street from my house so she invited me and told me that my dog could come.

We were sitting at a picnic table and this lady my friend works with comes up and says oh what a pretty dog, is he kid friendly? and I said yes because he is. So then she goes and gets her two daughters (they were probably ages 5 and 7) and tells them to pet the doggy. that all went well, my dog LOVES the attention.

Then a little bit later the older one of the two girls comes over with this other little girl that was maybe 2 or so. It was someone elses kid and she wanted to pet my dog and I told her that she needed to ask the little girls mom before hand then they said she just wanted to look at the doggy so i said ok.

Then I took him home for dinner. I went back to the park while he was eating dinner and we were sitting on a bench and this man comes by (not with the company) with his dalmation and another similar sized dog and the little 2 year old starts RUNNING towards the dogs and I'm thinking oh that's not safe. and the mom is just following her daughter doesn't even care that her daughter is charging towards these dogs. IMO, I thought that was a bit irresponsible.

Then I went back to the house to get my dog to bring him back to the park and we were sitting on a bench and my dog was laying by my feet and the little girl said "look mommy! a doggy!" and then I hear the lady go. "oh no honey, don't go over there, leave that doggy alone." :rolleyes:

This is the same lady that let her daughter run towards the two other strange dogs earlier but then was telling her to stay away from mine?? I just found it a bit irritating.

...end rant

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Does your dog look like a "bully breed"? ; ) Just curious, because some people are so biased that they'll allow their kids to eat candy, but not drink sodas. Get my point?

She obviously doesn't pay attention to her surroundings or her children and it's a shame. I was complaining about something similar last week. Parents these days spend less time parenting and more time avoiding their children... Kids should be taught not to approach strangers and strange dogs, PERIOD, regardless of what the stranger looks like and what breed the dog is.

Being biased is going to rub off on her kids later in life, "Well my mom never allowed me to pet on those breeds because they always attack people..." It's a shame, but it works that way.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It's possible the person with the Dal told her that letting her child run up to strange dogs was not the brightest thing to do... Or it could just be ignorance... after all, she could have asked you.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure the other owner didn't say anything of that nature because while her daughter was "petting" the dogs and running around them in circles, the mom was just laughing with the guy with the dogs.

degee, yes he's a mix of some bully breeds ;) and I know that's why she said that. I just think it's silly how one mom wanted her kids to pet my dog and the other was like NO!!. lol. people....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts