Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching this program tonight on TV and cannot get over how he tries to force the dog into a down position (may as well be an Alpha roll) and when the dog resists and tries to bite him, he strings it up, then grabs it by both sides of its face so it cannot bite him. I have seen him do this on almost every show. Then he will walk into their house with his dogs and grab the other dog when it comes after his. Sure, a well trained dog should not go after a strange dog coming into their house, but these are untrained, spoilt dogs, mostly totally unsocialized. He does tell the people that they should not force the dog to go down like he does but why should he even do it. This snapping your fingers to get your dog to sit sure wouldn't work for me as usually I can't get my fingers to snap. Much easier to just say SIT.

·
Registered
673 Posts
all I have to say is he's an idiot. I'm thinking he has not much control over his own life so he has to control all dogs and their owners too:mad: I mean really how many dogs wouldn't respond in a negative way when a stranger comes bounding into their home with their dogs in tow not even giving the dogs a chance to sniff out the newcomers!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I believe there has been a thread on this very same youtube clip. Not a big deal. He's not much of a dog trainer and in fact there are dog trainers all over the country that are losing money because this is the type of training that people watch and think all dog trainers are all like this. What is really scary is the people who are watching him train. Of course in the old west I guess watching a lynching was entertainment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts