Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female pitbull who is mixed with sharpay. she is a year and half old and just had her litter of 8 pups on the 28th of May. after she gave birth she was eating her normal dog food. but we noticed she had really bad diarrhea. it was almost like straight liquid. So we tried giving her pedigree puppy food mixed with replacement milk. It seemed like it was starting to get better until the 3rd day it was back to liquid. We then tried baby rice, adult rice, and now she is eating puppy food alone, and though its not liquid like anymore she still hasn't had any solid stool. Just to be on the safe side yesterday I stopped letting her nurse, since she never really wanted to anymore anyways. she just worked walk around them get the pups excited then walk away. but now after only one day her teets are engorged. I don't know what to do. I don't want neither the pups or my dam to have something happen to them. the pups are eating the replacement milk blended with pedigree puppy food 4 times a day and I keep a water bowl in their area. Please help me

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Puppies that young shouldn't be eating puppy food.
Let Mom nurse.
Get Mom spayed.
Give Mom puppy food mixed with her regular food, quit messing with her diet, it'll only further upset her stomach.
If issues persist for more than 3 days, call your vet. They will likely suggest GI wet food and some antibiotics.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Pedigree is a terrible food.
Your puppies cannot eat what you're feeding them. They need warm puppy formula from a bottle every 2 hours.
Let her nurse them. If you don't, you're going to cause her to get sick, and then if she goes back to nursing, she could give them something.

And you need to have her spayed ASAP. Take her to the vet for her stomach problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.