Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whoops I ment Trial not trail Oh well

I will try and post pictures of the same dog next to each other. All comments about the picture will be BELOW the corresponding picture.

This may be a neat picture but this dog didn't need to be so rough and he was docked points for unnecessary force.

This is not the same dog as the one above, This dog was named Ajax, he was naughty.

A Kelpie I wasn't able to catch his name.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is Hawkeye's half brother Smoke

Smoke again

This is Hawkeye's daddy Pulley, Pulley got his WTCH this weekend he is now "CH WTCH VCH Legends BoomVang"

Pulley again

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This dog's Name is Inchu he was here from Germany

Inchu

Random Aussie

A cool Blue merle boy

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here is the "cool blue merle boy" again

a Rottie named Stir

Stir again

Stir staring down a Duck "Aflac?"

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

A Cardigan Corgi named Raven

a puppy in the non regular 2-4 month puppy class

Bitches

Dogs, The one being handled by the girl in black is Hawkeye's half brother Ice

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hawkeye's class. he is the one in the far back. The one directly in front of him is his half brother Clipper, then the next one is Hawk's full brother Blake and then the one in front is another full brother of Hawk and Blake but I can't remember his name.

Hawkeye again

Hawkeye with his full brother (that I can't remember the name of) behind him. and Clipper in front of him.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no comments at all? hmm now that I think about it I should have probably put this in the pictures area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Keechak,
That looks like a lot of fun!! We just went through the instinct test with Ranger but right now there are not any openings in the classes:(. http://www.dogforums.com/2-general-dog-forum/53898-ranger-s-instint-test.html
I am trying to google information on Aussie herding but not finding much. If you have any information please send it my way. I have lots of questions. Maybe I will PM you if that is alright?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Neat pics! I've never seen pics from a herding trial before...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Very Cool Keechak! :)

Oddly enough, I saw this as you were posting the pictures. You said to wait until you were done and then I got busy. The odd part was that I got a call last night from the sister of a friend who wanted to know if anyone at the kennel club had a dog trained to herd cattle as they had some cows get loose and needed help. I said NO. OOPS!
Looks like once again, you had a wonderful time with your dog.

LOVE the Rottie pics. Gotta love Rottie butts. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
great pictures!!! The ones with the cattle scare me!! I would be afraid my dog would get kicked!
We took Jett for his herding Instinct test. He was just on sheep, they are not as scary!! it was fun, I wish we were able to take him for lessons, he did very well!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Great pictures. I haven't been to a herding trial since I was a kid and used to go with a school friend's family to sheep trials with their Border Collie.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great pictures and thanks for posting about the event. We have one coming up here in July put on by the Aussie Club of BC . Definitely going to attend .

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I love all the herding pics and that goose looks prety sassy standing up to that Rottie.

As far as the conformation goes it looks like Hawk is posting a bit, though it could just be the angle of the shot. You might want to try baiting him so he gets his front legs under him and his hind stretched out a bit more. Typicaly you want the forearm and hocks to be perpendicular to the ground, which can be difficult to tell when you're standing right over them. Praticing in front of a mirror will really helps, that way you can see where you need to improve. It also loos like he's toeing about a bit in the rear, which alot of dogs do, so you may want to keep an eye on that and adjust as needed. Overall he's looks great and it loos lke he's having loads of fun. Are you planing on doing AKC with him as well or just ASCA?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very Cool Keechak! :)

Oddly enough, I saw this as you were posting the pictures. You said to wait until you were done and then I got busy. The odd part was that I got a call last night from the sister of a friend who wanted to know if anyone at the kennel club had a dog trained to herd cattle as they had some cows get loose and needed help. I said NO. OOPS!
Looks like once again, you had a wonderful time with your dog.

LOVE the Rottie pics. Gotta love Rottie butts. :)
I hope to start getting some herding titles on Kechara soon, I think I have learned enough to feel comfortable in the ring

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it looks like if I have the money saved up I might be entering Kechara in an AKC herding test or trial this fall about an hour and a half away

1 - 18 of 18 Posts