Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you one of those ppl that no matter what your dog is doing, you are so proud of them? Cant stay mad or upset at them for more than a few mins cuz your dog makes you laugh while you are "trying" to be mad or upset with them? No matter how long it takes them to "get it", you are proud of them for trying? I am! Sadie is taking training very slow, her attention span is that of a 2 yr old child. But I am still so proud of her!

She does little things to make me smile more than once a day, makes me laugh out loud when I feel depression setting in. She plays real good with the kitten (Rusty pulls no punches when it comes to Sadie) She loves people and other dogs. Doesnt bark unless she is excited or hears someone at the door.

I wish my body was more able to do things with her, longer walks, running while playing and what not, but she seems to understand that I cant do all that stuff with her.

I am so PROUD my Sadie, no matter what! Are you a proud doggy mommy/daddy? (no matter what?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pretty proud of my girls. Gypsy is my learner, have yet to find a trick she can't learn. She is also my "good girl". Does what she should when she should and such a lady.

Tazzy is a loon with the attentions span of a tsi fly. She tries but I don't think the three brain cells in her head actually know each other. However, she has the cutest face and I just can't ever get upset with her.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Oh course I'm proud of Luke. He does anger me, but after awhile it fades. He and I are best buddies and I think he knows this. He knows when I'm angry at him and will leave me alone and then I'll stop and tell him I'm sorry, but also why I was angry at him. I like to think he understands, lol. But yeah, Luke is so cute it's hard to stay angry at him. I love my little dude.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
More often then not I am proud of my dogs. On rare occasions my dogs will do something that makes me embarrassed though. Carsten will be on his best behavior 99% of the time so I tend to get lazy and not pay such close attention. He always waits for the perfect time and then lunges at another dog or toward a person. He does it in a friendly way but still, it looks bad when he does it. He thinks everyone loves him so he just all of a sudden gets it in his head to "go say hello" but he has no clue not everyone is happy about it and mama doesn't like him making those sudden decisions.

Oliver has all of a sudden starting acting out in an embarrassing way with his favorite uncle whom he loves. I wouldn't say I am proud of that. ha ha He does however make me laugh a lot and I remember once thinking he was homely. I don't know how I could have thought it for even a second because now I think he is the most charming dog in the world and because of it, he is so handsome. Yeah, I guess you could say they have me wrapped around their paws. ha ha

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Sure, I'm proud of my dog for having a great temperament and such a friendly nature that strangers comment on how wonderful he is and random parents are comfortable letting their kids pet him and for him to sniff/lick their kids.
I get exasperated when he tries to jump all over someone to lick their face and give them hugs; its his one remaining bad habit that has been so hard to break cause everyone he meets encourages it! But I'm still proud of how well he acts in public overall and the fact that he has totally won over my non-dog people parents.

But I didn't really make him who he is so I can't take credit for his good nature. For his training, yes, in general but not for his good socialization with adults and kids and his very easygoing outlook on life.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am pretty proud of my lil man. The only thing that gets me mad and I stay mad is when he freaks out at someone walking by outside, I just can't shake it, and I haven't tried hard enough to train it away.

However, last night we were grilling, I was inside and my BF and the dog were outside, mick on his lead, but the BF brought him into the fenced area (very small) and let him off while he was cooking. I watched him shut the gate, push and pull on it to make sure it was closed all the way, and go back to his business. Then Mick runs up to it, one jump push and it flies open, and he is gone into the night. I could hear dogs barking so I was afraid, plus he has teribble recall. BF left to drive around to the road where the dogs were in case, we left the fence open and threw out some pepperoni, and i threw out half a slice of pizza after he left. Ten minutes later the little turd is sniffing up into the fence, I grab the pizza and call his name and he runs to me. Whew, can't believe he comes back... if he only knew how much fun he could have back in the woods if he would listen to my recalls.

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
I'm proud of Esther.

She puts up with an amazing amount of crap from Molly and has only lost her patience once or twice. Even then, she didn't kill her, though it would have been easy and no jury would have convicted her.

Before that, she put up with Zeke, who is also a PIA.

She has considerably less patience with dogs she doesn't know. We expect that and allow for it. As long as we're paying attention, it's not a problem.

There is very little that Esther does these days that doesn't make me proud. (The first year or two was a little rough, as some of you might remember.)

Molly, on the other hand, is a putz.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes, I am proud of Aidan. He is my sweetie wheatie, and very cute and funny. Never mind that he can be very stubborn, is well known for embarrassing me, and wipes his cold, wet beard on my pants.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm very proud of Tiberius and almost every day he gives me a new reason.

He visits calmly with small children instead of running from them

Loud noises make him jump but are reason to investigate.

He has lots of human friends he loves to visit around the trailer park instead of hiding from everyone

We can have more then 1 or 2 people over to visit. Largest group was 10 people and he loved visiting.

He helped my future sister in law get over her fear of huskies.

I can take him out to a parade or to a city wide yard sale and he behaves beautifully (other then one time he tried to pee on a tree a lady was sitting against)

Another dog can act aggressive toward him, and as long as other dog is leashed, he moves away instead of laying down and peeing

He will take treats from people, friends and total strangers (treats given to strangers by me).

He very rarely has accidents.

He learns a new trick every week or so.

He plays with the neighbor kids instead of running for the porch.

He barks when someone comes up the steps.

He is no longer that timid sled dog I brought home. He is brave, and playful, and talkative and smart

I am even proud that he learned to knock over the cat food bag (yes it was full) because it showed he has personality.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What can I say about Ellie and Buddha?

They both have a habit of charging out the back door through the dog flap knocking the sliding door off it's runners, a couple of times leaving the door lying in the back yard.

Buddha used to be the shy runt of the litter who would run inside to me when his sister was the one to run out and bark at things. He is now twice her size and scares people with his evil bark yet at 18kg (40lbs) will climb up and perch on my shoulders to escape the vet.

Ellie rolls in anything yucky she can find, she has an ear piercing migraine inducing yap of a bark, she's clingy, she wants all the attention, she opens the barricade to the hallway all by herself, she gets car sick, she pushes Buddha out the way when he's about to get a cuddle, she's a bitch.

They're my babies, of course I'm proud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts