Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a good many threads on not using the word "no". I've noticed that in my own household things I'm using the leave it command for things that in the past I'd have used "no" for. Thoughts on this? Are we just replacing one word with another for the same action ( or lack of )?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I get that....I understand teaching an alternative etc. I'm just noticing things like: dog nosing in around in something- leave it. Dog starts to focus on something on a walk- leave it. Dog starts to pick something up he shouldn't have- leave it. Things like that. Things we used to tell a dog no for. It just hit me that alot of what I personally used the word no for has somehow changed to leave it. Just wondering if anyone else has observed the same thing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@canyx, your last paragraph was exactly what I'm thinking may be going on. Now I find it very interesting that you dont use no or leave it. Lol I think you're the first person I've heard that from- this gives me something to think about. Would you care to elaborate alittle more about your thinking and how not using either of those commands has made differences compared to using them? I'd be very interested to hear more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts