Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Are Golden Rain Tree bugs toxic?!

5469 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Kathyy
HELLO :) If anyone could answer my question, it'd be greatly appreciated.

The scientific name for these small black/red insects found around golden rain/Chinese flame trees is jadera haematoloma.
So, are they poisonous?
If not lethal, how would it harm my dog and to what extent?

:rolleyes:My dog is very curious and inspects almost everything with her little tongue. I caught her actually trying to swallow a couple of these bugs and of course got them out of her mouth and did the whole repetitive training to her, but she is just so reluctant on her insect fascination! Just wondered since she means the world to me, and I've searched the web and poison list for dogs, but no luck. If no response/answer, I'll try calling the free dog poison hotline and post a reply.

TY in advance! :)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Do they look like this? http://images.google.com/images?q=b...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

If so, they're not poisonous. Just annoying :p .

Edit: OK, I guess they're similar, but not exactly the same. I can't find anything about them being poisonous, either.
I think that most bugs that are toxic taste badly. They are toxic so that they don't get eaten. I'm just guessing here, I don't know much about bugs. I think it will be hard to find out if they are toxic. There are so many bugs. I had a hard time even finding out what golden rain tree bugs were when my yard was infested with them

I hate golden rain tree bugs. I'm ready to cut the dang tree down.
Watch the goldern rain tree itself. The berries are very poisonous, not sure about other parts of the tree.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.