Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a rescue that has several of them. They look really similar to bulldogs, but I've never heard of the breed before. They claim the dogs come from a breeder who is getting rid of old breeding stock I guess. All are 5-7 years old and are being rehomed for about $150.

I did search on-line and found some people who claim to be English Bulldog miniature breeders, but I can find the same thing with labradoodles and cockapoos though.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
No, I'm fair certain there are no mini English Bulldogs. That breed has enough problems do to size and structure - I can only imagine what breeding SMALLER dogs would do.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
There used to be miniature english bulldogs in the late 1800s and early 1900s. They were crossed with Frenchies, and they look pretty similar to them. I saw several pictures and references to them when I was going thru a bunch of archived antique dog books while making my 'historical dog photos' album. So far as I can tell, they do not exist now unless some people are trying to recreate them for whatever reason. Personally, with the amount of birthing problems bulldogs already have, coupled with a smaller size, it sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts