Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Where do you show a breed not yet accepted by the AKC? This whole thing is wonky.
Some breeds, like Cotons, are shown at UKC events, since that registry recognizes them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
AKC isn't the only place to show dogs in the United States, you can show them in UKC and the international shows.
There is also ARBA (American Rare Breed Assoc).

I don't have much experience with Silkens. But I know Whippets tend to throw crypts and late droppers all the time. Not so much in Borzoi.

To me, this sounds like a shady breeder. Anyone who sells a crypt for show potential price is a nut. And to suggest that all the puppies are worthy of being top pick is insane. They may all be showable, but they are not all equal.

I know in my Deerhound's litter, all puppies are show quality. Not all will be shown, though, since the breeder was more concerned with getting them good homes, vs. show homes. But there was one that was a late dropper. He had dropped by the time he left at 10 weeks, though.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.