Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
There has always been a debate if it is genetic or a vit A deficiency during a particular stage during pregnancy. When my sirius was monorchidism this is what my vet explained to me when we were talking about surgery. It will be more invasive because they will have to go looking for the other testicle and if it is not on the surface the body could of never produced it, or already reabsorbed it or they just not able to find it. I don't care for putting dogs under unless it is necessary and I was concerned about cancer he wasn't too concern it would cause him problems and we would just keep an eye on him as he grew. I didn't do the surgery he stay'd one testicle his entire life. Lived healthy past 15 years old which his heart was failling him, raised on fresh raw food diet and only 3 years rabies vac. The concern for turning cancer in the body is real it does happen and each owner should make a decission based on what feels right to them for possible outcomes. As far as your show contract what is your Breeders definition of show in her contract. Best wishes to you.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
silkysmooth am very sorry for your loss of your other pet, comend you doing the treatment to let their life be better. You should be able to get a full refund and return the pup to your breeder because no testicles in any breed disqualifies them from showing the puppy can not fufill the contract as a show quality dog. Weither you intended to fix the dog and not show the dog any way. she still sold the dog as a show quality. I didn't catch how old the pup was?

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
He's about 14 weeks.
agree with you that I would of liked to have them dropped at this age especially since they could feel them on another pup from the litter. I know my mentor would want to wait before making a final decission like 6 months and I know my vet told me there is a certain age that the opening seals and if they have dropped by that age they not going to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.