Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It is genetic, and whichever parent passed on that gene shouldn't ever be bred again. Shame on your breeder for planning on intentional breeding from this litter! I once bought a puppy with the same problem - found out the "good" breeder I thought I bought him from, wasn't so great. I tried to get my money back - no dice, for the reasons you listed (not life threatening). However, it's imperative that the dog be neutered b/c this disorder increases the odds of testicular cancer. The neutering is also much more invasive, b/c the vet has to "find" the testicles during the surgery. One of my pup's testicles couldn't be found with manipulation, and the other one was thought to be up near his abdomen. My pup had other non life threatening health issues as well, and I returned him to the breeder, but didn't get my money back until she rehomed him (only got 1/3 of my money back). You can ask the breeder to help pay for his neuter, but don't hold your breath...

It's not too late for your pup's testicles to drop, since he's only 14 weeks, but if all the males in the litter are this way, they may not. If they don't drop by around 4 months, they probably won't.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.