Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a question regarding my new puppy's appetite. She is a mutt, but predominantly she is supposed to be a black lab/border collie mix. Overall she is highly energetic, has a nice shiny coat, and appears to be completely healthy, however, it seems like her appetite fluctuates a lot and it's beginning to concern me. She doesn't look underweight as far as I can tell, (I could post a picture of her if that might help the diagnosis), but I was concerned because some days she eats her meals all in one sitting, while on other days she will eat only a little bit at a time throughout the day. Is this normal? Or could she possibly have a worm of some kind? The back of the puppy chow seemed to say that this was common but I just wanted to make sure. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She hasn't been to the vet yet but I have gotten her most of her first shots except for rabies. I try to feed her on a schedule, once in the morning/early afternoon and once in the evening, but like I said some days she will eat her food throughout the day rather than in one sitting. She is roughly 3 and 1/2 months old and I was under the impression that after 3 months feeding her twice a day is what I am supposed to do (please correct me if im wrong).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts