Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out walking in my neighborhood last night, and my dogs are pretty good. I can drape Cerbies leash around my neck, and I won't have to hold it until he has to find a poop spot, but other than that, he's at my side. The little ones aren't great, but they're not pulling me, either. We have a nice calm walk. Then this guy working on his truck looks at me and says " Looks like you've got your hands full". And I just look at him like he's retarded, bc as he says this his toddler makes a mad dash for the street. The man ran after him and grabbed him, and I said "I think you're the ones with your hands full, I've never had to do that." His face was priceless.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
LOL! That was good!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
When he said it, what was his expression?

I ask because this phrase can be used as an ice breaker. I don't think he actually meant that your dogs were acting badly, I just think he was saying you have a lot of dogs and might have been trying to open up a conversation.

Or he could have been a jacka$$ and just been making a smart comment. Lol. I was just curious.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I agree with K9companions. Walking three dogs at once DOES fill your hands, he might not have meant that your dogs were out of control, but it depends on how he said it.

I'm glad he was able to get his kid off the street before anything happened.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
People say that to me all the time, seriously, every time I walk, "wow, you've got your hands full"....that one doesn't bother me, but the other one I get is "who's walking who?" and that one irritates me because my dogs are not pulling...I don't know what people mean by that, but to me it implies that I'm not in control of my dogs, which I am. Or I could be overly sensitive....

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
...but the other one I get is "who's walking who?" and that one irritates me because my dogs are not pulling...I don't know what people mean by that, but to me it implies that I'm not in control of my dogs, which I am. Or I could be overly sensitive....
That is rude! I would never say that to someone even if their dog was pulling.
I would take offense to that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guys tone was the jacka$$ tone. He was one of the ones that looks at me like I'm crazy for having more than one dog. I generally don't listen to those ppl, bc they're usually the ones with 1 dog stuck out in the yard all the time.

I hate the who's walking who comments also. I've had a guy say that to me while I was walking a clients dogs, and the dude that said it was pulling a boy in a wagon who was throwing peanuts at his head and screaming NO! I'd be embarrassed to talk to anyone if my kid was chucking peanuts at my head.

And I was glad he got the boy out of the street. He was a cute kid.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That is rude! I would never say that to someone even if their dog was pulling.
I would take offense to that.
I agree. That comment IS rude...no matter if the dog is pulling or not.

The guys tone was the jacka$$ tone. He was one of the ones that looks at me like I'm crazy for having more than one dog. I generally don't listen to those ppl, bc they're usually the ones with 1 dog stuck out in the yard all the time.

I hate the who's walking who comments also. I've had a guy say that to me while I was walking a clients dogs, and the dude that said it was pulling a boy in a wagon who was throwing peanuts at his head and screaming NO! I'd be embarrassed to talk to anyone if my kid was chucking peanuts at my head.

And I was glad he got the boy out of the street. He was a cute kid.
Well if he was being a jerk, then right on! :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I get that a lot too. I have a perfect, quiet human baby and the most robotic, awesome, 12 year old dog that does NOTHING WRONG EVER and doesn't even need a leash. Um... okayyy lol

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think we (myself included) tend to get a little too sensative and definisive about our K9s sometimes. The same way parents can get too sensative and defensive about their kids. I know I can be guilty of both!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I had 4 dogs with me at Petsmart around Christmas time. They got their picture with Santa and my mom was paying for it, so I took them to an area by the door that is big open space because I didn't want them in the way of other people/misbehaving dogs in the store.
I had them sitting around me in a circle, completely focused on me. This lady walks in, looks at me and says "Geesh, have enough dogs, lady?" I gave an awkward laugh and she goes "You must have your hands full... don't they drive you crazy?" I looked at her like she was crazy and told her no. I know seeing 4 dogs with one person may be a little... out of the ordinary, but come on! At least recognize the fact that they're well behaved!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts