Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a nice story to hear about... it was a typical Domestic Violence situation where some coward idiot beats up on his wife... but this time where was a Hero Dog down a couple of houses away. The APBT and his owner saw the incident and when the owner opened the door, he ran and scared off the man (Never bit, just barked and snarled). It's always great to hear stories like this... the woman ran into the APBTs house with it's owners and waited for police.

He's a beautiful dog, there is a pic and a video of him... can you all tell me, does he look like an APBT or an American Bully? It states he is 100 and something pounds... so I'm thinking AB... but you APBT people know much more than me about them.
He looks well cared for and loved... Although, I have just NEVER understood the point of those huge thick chain link collars... maybe you all can shed some light on that too? Is it merely for show? (I def. dont think it's a good kind of show off, but oh well to each his own I guess... just as long as the dog is loved and cared for.)

Here's the link!
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=107779&catid=14

·
Registered
364 Posts
Great story!

Along the same lines I knew a Rottweiler named Romeo that hated violence and would do whatever he could (short of biting) to stop it. The owner went to walmart and left him in the bed of his truck. Some people were having an argument nearby, and the man actually hit the woman--didn't sit well with Romeo. When the owner came back he had the guy treed up on the top of the SUV. The woman pressed charges, went inside and bought a steak for Romeo...she said he deserved it!

Good boy, Blitz! He deserves a cookie for sure.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
That's amazing. :) What a good boy.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Ah, the Michigan one. I saw this on the news last night. The thing is, it doesn't sound like the dog really did any thing. They made it seem like a heroic measure, but the actual video just said he ran out and the guy "got distracted"

In any event, it's nice to see some GOOD PR for pits. Especially around here. Seems like every gazette article is about a pit killing someone.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The dog is an American Bully, yes, but nice article nonetheless.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I see Am bully!.......what do you see?
He looks like the way too beefy pit/pit crosses we have around this area and Holland. When I watched the news report he looked smaller than the pictures.

Breed aside, nice chain around his neck. No wonder the owners didn't want to be shown. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
He looks like the way too beefy pit/pit crosses we have around this area and Holland. When I watched the news report he looked smaller than the pictures.

Breed aside, nice chain around his neck. No wonder the owners didn't want to be shown. :rolleyes:
Well you could say an Am Bully is a pit cross.......not to be confused with American Bulldog...:)

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
My "favorite" domestic abuse dog story is the one where the man got mad at his wife and decided to kill her Chow. He called her at work and told her he was going to do it, and she immediately jumped in her car to go home to stop him. He evidently thought that shooting the dog would be too noisy and would make the cops come, so he decided to beat the dog to death with the butt of the gun. And it went off. When the wife got home, she found her husband dead and the dog was fine. Which is how I would hope to find things in that situation :p . As it should be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts