Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you live anywhere near Chicago, I have a guy...he's somewhat of a backyard breeder but he produces very beautiful pitties/american staffies that are also very dog friendly. My dog is very friendly towards all animals. They're also perfect size - typically 60-80 lbs very muscular

I wouldn't worry about health problems. That's a very healthy breed in general
What is the point of this post?
You outright disregard my most important priority of healthy ancestry and then proceed to recommend a different breed entirely.

Nothing about your post is relevant to what I was asking.

·
Banned
14 Posts
What is the point of this post?
You outright disregard my most important priority of healthy ancestry and then proceed to recommend a different breed entirely.

Nothing about your post is relevant to what I was asking.
his dogs are combination of american pitbull terrier and american staffys. They're very beautiful dogs - prolly the best looking pittie breeder I've ever seen. You can see how beautiful mine is. His dogs are like perfect proportion, very muscular but the head shape and the body is exactly the right size. He's not breeding overly bulky monster. As far as health goes - pits have a fantastic track record of health.

Are you looking for classic purebred APBTs like this?

you're not worried about finding one who is very animal aggressive? Even many APBTS who are thoroughly socialized are horrible around other animals

·
Registered
44 Posts
his dogs are combination of american pitbull terrier and american staffys. They're very beautiful dogs - prolly the best looking pittie breeder I've ever seen. You can see how beautiful mine is. His dogs are like perfect proportion, very muscular but the head shape and the body is exactly the right size. He's not breeding overly bulky monster. As far as health goes - pits have a fantastic track record of health.

Are you looking for classic purebred APBTs like this?

you're not worried about finding one who is very animal aggressive? Even many APBTS who are thoroughly socialized are horrible around other animals

What does pretty matter? Besides, the black dog you posted is not really comparable to ethical APBT or AST breeders as far as aesthetics. OP clearly stated criteria and you admit the breeder you're suggesting is an unethical breeder.

·
Banned
14 Posts
What does pretty matter? Besides, the black dog you posted is not really comparable to ethical APBT or AST breeders as far as aesthetics. OP clearly stated criteria and you admit the breeder you're suggesting is an unethical breeder.
To each his own. To me, worrying about health problems with APBT or AST breeder is like worrying about aggression problems in poodles. It's just never been an issue with these dogs

It's actually one breed I have no problem recommending a back yard breeder. I can ask him but I'm willing to bet his previous dogs lived a very long healthy life and he told me they're all super animal friendly (mine is the most animal friendly APBT or staffy you'll ever see). My dog (and all his dogs) is the perfect proportion in terms of how they're build - 60-80 lbs of rock solid muscle built exactly the way they're supposed to be (the head, chest, neck, legs - everything is ideal) and all of them are very quick, agile and athletic.

If you want to spend 2K to get a dog from a fancy breeder with fancy paperwork, that's your prerogative. You can't provide any evidence that it's any better than the dog I paid 300 dollars for

·
Registered
44 Posts
To each his own. To me, worrying about health problems with APBT or AST breeder is like worrying about aggression problems in poodles. It's just never been an issue with these dogs

It's actually one breed I have no problem recommending a back yard breeder. I can ask him but I'm willing to bet his previous dogs lived a very long healthy life and he told me they're all super animal friendly (mine is the most animal friendly APBT or staffy you'll ever see). My dog (and all his dogs) is the perfect proportion in terms of how they're build - 60-80 lbs of rock solid muscle built exactly the way they're supposed to be (the head, chest, neck, legs - everything is ideal) and all of them are very quick, agile and athletic.

If you want to spend 2K to get a dog from a fancy breeder with fancy paperwork, that's your prerogative. You can't provide any evidence that it's any better than the dog I paid 300 dollars for

Yikes, and this mentality is why we have so many APBT dying of cancer and genetic diseases and having unstable temperaments.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Orion has left the building.

Oh, yeah, and some Poodles absolutely have aggression issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
Not to mention this is a lab mix that's supposedly going to weigh 80lbs whose pedigree has no hip or elbow testing. Oof. Of course it's not true that any dog is inherently 'better' than another due to their price tag or origin, but it's absolutely a valid choice to go with a breeder who can give you better odds - and even a guarantee in some cases - that you have a puppy with excellent genetic health, structure, and a stable, breed-appropriate temperament.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts