Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our apartment complex notified us that they received an anonymous note from someone saying that Teddy has been pooping on the grass and no one is cleaning it up (against the rules.) This time it's a warning, but if they get another note it's a 50.00 fine.

First off, it's a load. He never is even ALLOWED to poop on the grass--to avoid this we don't even walk him within the apartment gates.

Second, there are three other dogs in the complex that have similar coloring--to the untrained eye they might look like the same dog.

Third, no one in management saw it happen (mostly because it didn't) and it makes me SO mad that they're taking an anonymous note as fact. Seriously?

Ugh. SO frustrating. Good thing we are out at the end of the month...

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Our apartment complex notified us that they received an anonymous note from someone saying that Teddy has been pooping on the grass and no one is cleaning it up (against the rules.) This time it's a warning, but if they get another note it's a 50.00 fine.

First off, it's a load. He never is even ALLOWED to poop on the grass--to avoid this we don't even walk him within the apartment gates.

Second, there are three other dogs in the complex that have similar coloring--to the untrained eye they might look like the same dog.

Third, no one in management saw it happen (mostly because it didn't) and it makes me SO mad that they're taking an anonymous note as fact. Seriously?

Ugh. SO frustrating. Good thing we are out at the end of the month...
I would tell them "see ya in court unless you have prof its my dog"...I'd ask for pictures or the like......I would go have a talk with management to ask them how they know its you?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone sent a letter that said "Apartment 606's dog". Whatever...like I said we're moving at the end of the month. They told us not to worry about it, so I guess they're dropping it?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hopefully. Anyone that takes an anonymous complaint in a situation such as this should be basically ignored unless they have pictures or something.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I swear, it seems like some people will blame any poop they find on the ground on the first dog they see, no matter what reality is. You get this kind of thing with barking complaints, too. If they hear a dog, and they know you have one, it must be YOURS!

Neighbors can be such a pain sometimes.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
We got this same crap years ago in my apartment with Smalls as a puppy. We kept getting notes on our door about the poop in our yard. Someone was obviously pawning it off on us, and it was complete bull. Smalls was an overly active puppy, and we ran. She never went the bathroom within a mile of the complex. We knew it had to be our neighbors (who had FIVE dogs in a two dog limit apartment) and low and behold, we caught them on tape letting the dogs poop, then going right back into the house. We brought the evidence to the leasing office, and STILL got warnings on our door. So I just told them if they wanted to try and fine ME, then we'll see them in court, with my videos.

·
Registered
861 Posts
probably one of your other neighbors got the complaint first and then passed the blame on to you.

i am all too familiar with lovely apartment politics. a while back, my dog got blamed for barking all day from 7 am til 6pm. Which is funny since my dog never barks in her crate, and is only in there from 8 until 530. they also somehow were able to figure out that it was a "big brown dog" from the sound of her bark.

i later found out that it was my neighbor iwth two dogs that bark and howl constantly who got the original call and said "its not my dogs, its the big brown dog"

of course i found this out after much anxiety and videotaping my dog daily to find out that it was her.

some neighbors just suck.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have reported neighbors before but only in extreme situations.

1) My upstairs neighbor's at my old apartment. They had four dogs in a two dog apartment. That alone I couldn't knock, since doing rescue, I did too! LOL But mine never made a sound. My apartment was spotless, and I drove them off the property and free ran them twice a day, and that's where they pooped. However, this person's dogs barked all day and night, and she didn't walk them! She would throw the poop out her WINDOW and I'd see it flying down past my window. They used her living room as a potty. It was very sad. One day, her dogs were locked in her bathroom, chewed through the pipes for water, and this poop and water slush started running down MY walls. It was THE MOST HIDEOUS thing I have ever seen. My landlord was afraid of the dogs (A GSD and several APBTs) so *I* had to go get the dogs out of this crap-hole (the owner wasn't home) so he could shut off the water and stop the flooding. UNBELIEVABLE!

2) I recently reported a neighbor here, too. The house across the street has an Australian Shepherd and a mixed breed dog. Those two dogs bark a lot and he just stands there and lets them. They snarl and lunge and bark so aggressively at people even across the way, not on his property, that they get into fights. After I complained, he brought them inside some, but he's back to the same again, so I will probably have to call again.

I really hate doing that... and I MAKE DARN SURE I know for sure who is doing what before I report anyone. Your neighbor should do the same! Very unfair.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have reported neighbors before but only in extreme situations.

1) My upstairs neighbor's at my old apartment. They had four dogs in a two dog apartment. That alone I couldn't knock, since doing rescue, I did too! LOL But mine never made a sound. My apartment was spotless, and I drove them off the property and free ran them twice a day, and that's where they pooped. However, this person's dogs barked all day and night, and she didn't walk them! She would throw the poop out her WINDOW and I'd see it flying down past my window. They used her living room as a potty. It was very sad. One day, her dogs were locked in her bathroom, chewed through the pipes for water, and this poop and water slush started running down MY walls. It was THE MOST HIDEOUS thing I have ever seen. My landlord was afraid of the dogs (A GSD and several APBTs) so *I* had to go get the dogs out of this crap-hole (the owner wasn't home) so he could shut off the water and stop the flooding. UNBELIEVABLE!
:eek: yea i'd say you had the right to report that!!! wow!

not to go o/t, but Foyerhawk, your dog is beautiful!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts