Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have small chi's some are very young 8 mos. I have been feeding TOTW High Prairie and have noticed some don't do as well on it as the others. I'm thinking it maybe too rich for them. They have very loose stools and some have had upset tummies. I was thinking on giving the Candiae All Life stages a try.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Canidae is a decent food. It's worth a try anyway. I used to feed it to my dogs but they raised the prices and now it's not worth going out of my way to buy it like I used to. I was always very satisfied with it.

Have you tried cutting back their portions a bit? Overfeeding can cause loose stools, and they may require less of a rich food like High Prairie. Or have you tried the other TOTW formulas? Sierra Mountain and Pacific Stream aren't as rich as the other 2 formulas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried cutting back their portions a bit? Overfeeding can cause loose stools, and they may require less of a rich food like High Prairie. Or have you tried the other TOTW formulas? Sierra Mountain and Pacific Stream aren't as rich as the other 2 formulas.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried cutting their portions back and that did seem to help alot. I was thinking on switching them in case that didn't continue to work. I found the Canidae at www.petcarerx.com for $37.89 and you get free shipping under 35lbs.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Have you tried cutting back their portions a bit? Overfeeding can cause loose stools, and they may require less of a rich food like High Prairie. Or have you tried the other TOTW formulas? Sierra Mountain and Pacific Stream aren't as rich as the other 2 formulas.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried cutting their portions back and that did seem to help alot. I was thinking on switching them in case that didn't continue to work. I found the Canidae at www.petcarerx.com for $37.89 and you get free shipping under 35lbs.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered a bag from Amazon for 34.89 and if you're prime member it's free shpg and usually here in 2 days.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That's the food that we use. it was actualy recommended by the Lab breeder as the adult food to transition to. it worked out so well for him that we put all the dogs on it.

Depending on where you live, it can be difficult to find locally. We happen to be lucky to have a couple of outlets within a short drive. if we did have to go a long way to get it, I'd probably find somethong else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts